Popular Posts

Wednesday 31 January 2018

Memories take us back. Dreams take us forward. January 2018.

What a great idea! Following on from Pip, I am going to endeavour to do a bit of a recap each month this year. Life is all about doing and appreciating and fun!

Making: Using plarn (plastic bag yarn) to crochet some small panels for a project at work. I have noticed that disposable bags are much easier to work with so I am giving life to all those that would have otherwise gone to waste. The reusable bags can still be used but are not as easy to crochet with as they are considerably thicker. We no longer have the usual disposable plastic bags in Tasmanian shops which is a fantastic move for the protection of the environment!
Cooking: Delicious soups. It really isn't the weather for it but I am trying to eat well and I love soup. This is a great way of eating more veggies.
Drinking: Black coffee and white coffee. Coffee.
Reading: Danielle Wood's 'HousewifeSuperstar!' about Marjorie Bligh. Reading this in more detail and taking notes as I am doing a project at work which I am super excited about.
Next read: Pretty sure it will be something crafty.
Looking: Each evening I find myself looking into my back courtyard when the sun goes down and appreciating my solar lights. Pretty and sparkly.
Playing: The Game of Life and Monopoly. Spending time together is truly important.
Deciding: After looking at my courtyard I decided to extend the graveled area to stop some pesky weeds. A bit of hard work but certainly worth it.
Enjoying: Getting so much enjoyment out of my indoor plants. They are getting lots of attention due to the warmer weather and needing regular watering.
Waiting: To hear the result on an application that will steer me in a particular direction this year.
Liking: How my body feels after a few weeks of drinking more water. Do it! Your body will thank you for it!
Loving: My new diary for 2018 is brilliant - more room to write and scribble. I bought one from Typo.
Considering: Thinking about buying a new laptop. Click-ity click.
Buying: I purchased the Better Homes and Gardens magazine while waiting in line at the supermarket for the low-carb recipes. Inspiration!
Watching: Australian films. My friends host a '12 Days of' Film Fest each December/January which is fun. The theme changes each year and the idea is to self-curate 12 movies that match the theme. This year it was Australia-mas!
Next watch: Finishing the series of Vera. I love murder mystery shows!
Marveling: At the summer skies. They are so gorgeous and delightful!
Cringing: Fake people. Enough said.
Needing: A holiday - and I got one. Just time to do nothing but relax and get life in order.
Smelling: The roses. I received a surprise delivery at work this month - 12 red roses. These were from a loved one to say thank you for looking after family when times were tough. Kindness is not dead and neither is gratitude. Yay!
Following: Cute stuff at Mr Printables.
Worrying: Why as humans do we care what other people think about us? This is something that I have to work at constantly - but I am getting better at not worrying.
Thinking: Sometimes people just want certain things from you in life and will not be there when you need them. Less energy on those types of people going forward.
Knowing: This year is the year for positive change. My biggest goal is to lose the weight that I have put on over the past few years (mainly due to health problems). Slow and steady wins the race!
Admiring: I really admire my Dad for always checking in on me. Such a simple thing but it leaves me feeling loved.
Sorting: Starting to reorganise my craft room and sort boxes. Well overdue for a revamp
Getting: I am booked in to get my haircut and coloured tomorrow. It is important to reward yourself with self-care and love.
Bookmarking: Scheduling a date for my next group creative catch up - friends to get together throughout the year to do something fun - knit, crochet, quilt, read, colour in, draw, play games. I call it Behind the Seams!
Coveting: Nothing really. I am pretty happy with what I have and don't really need anything. Don't get me wrong, we all think about better houses, more clothes etc. But at the moment I don't seem to be daydreaming for things I don't really need. Yeah, pretty happy.
Disliking: The number of kittens being born and dumped by irresponsible pet owners. I greatly dislike it and it makes me sad. Poor ones.
Giggling: Haha! Laughing when we play catch as it always gets silly.
Snacking: Yummy yummy in my tummy - mixed unsalted nuts.
Hearing: New Kids on the Block. As a joke I got given the NKOTB CD for my music in the car. I was never really a huge fan but one of my high school friends was so I know all the words anyway! Amusing!
Wearing: Summer calls for cute shoes and no socks. As a result I seem to have developed a Mary Jane tan on my feet because I have been wearing my selection of Chocolaticas most days.

No comments:

Post a Comment