Popular Posts

Thursday 26 October 2017

Reminiscing - Handmade to Help


I have been thinking about all of the wonderful craft projects for charity that I have participated in over the years. So rewarding and lots of fun!
This includes the fantastic creation and donation of Softies for Mirabel that is coordinated by Pip. In 2010 a group of us made some squishy stuff  to donate and I made this felt pillow. I thought it was perfect to sit on someone's bed. I hope they liked it!


In 2011 we made Hope Softies for kiddies that lost everything in the Queensland floods . I sewed a little felt cat. Meow!


The floods effected so many people and we saw true compassion and generosity with lots of rad people organising donations and craft projects.

I love to crochet so it was an easy decision to make squares for Crochet A Rainbow. These were crocheted and sewn into blankets after they were donated. Warm blankets to warm hearts!


And the crochet squares didn't stop there.... Our craft group also made squares for Papillon Gold. Our squares were joined with others to make blankets for people in need through the Knit4Charities charity.


Then in 2013 I coordinated the Brown Owls Launceston in crocheting squares for Woolies for Tassie. The blankets made from donated squares were given to people who lost belongings in the bush fires that year.


It is really important to help those in need and if I can make something with warm wishes then it is even better!

No comments:

Post a Comment